Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The Challenges of Living Abroad

We have been slowly settling in to our new digs. It has been a roller coaster ride of emotions lately. I don’t think either D or I thought that this would be an easy transition, but I don’t think either one of us was really prepared for how challenging things could be. We are both trying to adjust to the Thai way of things, which is proving a little difficult for our American brains. Things just happen differently here, and that is one of the great things about living in another country and also one of its challenges. I’ve definitely had some low points of frustration and exhaustion, which isn’t particularly motivating to write about. We are learning to navigate the waters and life is taking on a sense of normalcy. We also equipped the kitchen with some items, and I am starting to cook again (which if you know me, is an important part of life). It has been a long time! Recipes and misadventures will be coming!

*And big hugs for the pictures I’ve received (you know who you are!). They have helped me more than I could ever say.

No comments: