Sunday, February 18, 2007

Menu Planning

In my new life of “freelancer and housewife,” I am attempting to get myself on some sort of schedule in order to balance time on the computer with the cooking, cleaning and errands. The cleaning schedule is a little rockier and I’m still getting into the swing of that (no, we don’t have a maid despite my best attempts to get the dogs to hold a broom and dustpan), but I am getting back to planning our menu. To quote my brother (my housewife role model) “plan your menu, so you know exactly what you need to buy and when. Instead of doing the wander-around-Whole-Foods-blowing-$200, you’ll be in and out like a SEAL Team strike." I also find it makes daily cooking a whole lot more enjoyable, since I can spend time perusing recipes and knowing when dinner time roles around that I’ve got everything I need instead of scrounging around the fridge at 5:30 going “what the heck am I going to make?”

Alas, I choose the week D is headed out of town for business to start back up again…Anyway, here’s what I planned:

Sunday:
Mom’s Black Pepper Chicken (this is not my mom’s recipe, but a friend’s mom’s recipe. Thanks FZQ!)
Crepes & Co. Summer Salad (my version of a salad we had at a restaurant here)
Bread

Monday:
Stir-fried Beef with Chinese Celery

Tuesday:
Phat Kraphrao

Wednesday:
Chicken Drumettes with Spicy Hoisin-Garlic Sauce
Mixed Salad

Thursday/Friday:
Not sure just yet, probably some leftovers or pizza (thanks mom!)

1 comment:

FZQ said...

Please send me the chicken drummettes recipe!!!